Re: MG Intranet

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>,
Subject: Re: MG Intranet
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:10:44 -0500
seriously folks.... here's a GREAT way to kill those spammers.
Don't forget the ISP at the source is also liable for all UN-solicited
e-mails. They must by law include a REMOVE link (via the McCain Act 1998)
which most don't which makes the e-mail illegal to begin with.
www.spamcop.net

cut and paste the entire e-mail (including header)
there system tracks it down and re-presents you with the proper
(and automated) mailing to the source ISP to warn them of the abuse
their system.
Even ISP's who knowingly support x-rated sites are afraid of getting
these spamcop messages. They are very bad for business as the
hosting site can get fined for letting it continue when written
complaints have been received and documented.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net     http://www.teglerizer.com
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
1978 Spitfire - in superb Shape