Re: Pre-Tranny rebuilding questions..

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
Subject: Re: Pre-Tranny rebuilding questions..
From: "Richard Crump" <rcrump@enid.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:59:03 -0600
Andrew:
I think the B is second only to the triumph in terms of easy-to-work-on
British transmissions.  The Jag is worse, w/10K needle bearings and the
sprite has the most dastardly third motion shaft ever conceived by the
underworld.
I say Go For It!.  Take notes and even photographs as you tear it down.  In
addition to replacing bearings as needed, it sounds like you need baulk
rings, and I recommend replacing the detent springs in the 1st/2nd and
3rd/4th sliding hubs.
Luck to you
Richard