Re: Removing the motor - MGA

To: neilc@apphosting.com
Subject: Re: Removing the motor - MGA
From: REasterby@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:31:25 EST
It has been a long time since I pulled an engine out of an A, but a few
things I do remember. Of course, pull the radiator, drive shaft,oil press
hose, water temp gauge tube,starter wiring, tach cable and wiring (mark the
hookups)Drain the oil from the GB and remove the filler dripstick on the GB.
The GB mount bolt can be a pain, oil & swollen mount rubber. Disconnect the
slave cylinder from the GB.Initial lifting at a shallow angle to bring things
forward, then you must change to a steep lift angle to clear the body shroud.
You can jack the front of the car as you lift to help with the steep angle to
clear the body. Good Luck, go slow and be carefull. If you want, I can scan
and email the pages from the BMC Manual.
Ray Easterby
72 BGT orig owner
88 Xj 40