Re: BGT windshield moldings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BGT windshield moldings
From: JTPAKI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:48:21 EST
In a message dated 2/20/00 7:25:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ckrug@laf.cioe.com writes:

> A friend of mine is replacing the front and rear glass in a '73 GT, and I
>  remembered reading that installation of these can be quite a chore.  So, if
>  anyone out there has any suggestions or instructions to make this a little
>  easier, please let me know.  Since I'm his MG 'expert' (and I use that term
>  loosely), I'll probably get roped into helping out.   Thanks.
>
>  Calvin Krug

Calvin

I did the windscreen and hatch glass on my 74 GT just recently.  It is very
difficult to get right.  Get the correct tool for placing the inner rubber!
I think Moss has it.  It will not be very easy without it.  Use pliable but
non harding sealant. (glass stores have it).  I used spray silicone for
lubrication while laying in the rubber.  Also get some plastic tools that
glass shops use, its just a plastic wedge used to manipulate the rubber
without slicing it.  Best of luck.

Joe Potter