Plea from French

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plea from French
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:57:12 -0500
Hi Frank, here on vacation in the Berkshires but my car rebuild will
reproceed when I get back. I have
the engine parts on order including one of Lawries cams. I bought Peter
Burgess' book for the trip and
was wondering what the list's combined thoughts were on the subject of
DIY head mods. In the Book
Peter brings up the subject many times as to what is DIY and what is
not. Can I save some money
and have increased satisfaction by doing some of the work myself? What
if any mods does the list
suggest. Or should I not touch it lest I be in the market for a new
head. Also I have not yet ordered
new valve springs, should I order heavy duty springs or standard (67B
original engine), the cam I have
coming is a 270 degree cam. I will look forward to reading several
hundred messages (hopefully a few
on this subject) when I return in a couple of days.
Carl French
67B