Re: Difficulty of replacing starter?

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <dersk@usa.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Difficulty of replacing starter?
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:17:17 -0500
>Check out www.carparts.com for cheep stuff like starters, and make
sure you
>click the link and "Join Us Free" to get a big discount on your
first order.

>If you don't know anything about starters, pay the extra bucks and
order one
>from Ed at Just Brits, Peter C. at Worldwide Imports, or George
Merryweather.
> Tech help from these guys is WELL worth the extra cost.  Let me
know if you
>don't know these guys, and I'll get you in touch.

I'd personally suggest getting your starter from a national auto
parts store.  Any of the big ones will be cheaper than moss and
these places offer a lifetime warranty on starters, alternators,
etc.  It's really worth it if you plan on keeping the car.  The tech
support you get from Moss is invaluable, but I think that the list
can probably walk you through the process if you get hung up
anywhere.

Keep in mind that many larger auto parts stores do have parts for
our cars.  Even if you don't do the work on your car, you can still
probably get away with buying your own parts and having your shop
install then.

Anyway, best of luck with the starter.  It's a good first-time
project, and the information offered up by the list is always
excellent.  Have fun!

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata