Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems

To: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:44:20 -0500
Hi Dan,

I won't keep it going either, but latex rubber is not semipermiable. A molecule
as small as hydrogen can pass right through the lattice structure of most solids
because of its extremely small size. The material could be porous to hydrogen as
most things are or helium as many things are, but it is not semipermiable and
does not support osmosis. That is still the nearly exclusive province of
biological membranes. GoreTex almost fills the bill, but not quite.

Jim