Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, microdoc@apk.net
Subject: Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:56:17 -0800 (PST)
OK... I won't keep the argument going but I will say...I do remember from
chemistry classes that rubber including latex is considered semi-permiable.
Keep in mind, this doesn't mean it'll leak everything! It simply means that
if a molecule of some substance is small enough, it has the ability to pass
through the semi-permiable layer...how fast it can do that is another issue.
So...do they leak?...yes and no. The likelyhood of a water molecule passing
through the lines...I highly doubt it...the molecule is too big.

As an example, you can take a helium balloon and a water balloon. The water
will not leak out of the balloon after setting for a few days BUT the helium
ballon will loose its helium volume after a few days...that is due to the
helium passing through the semi-permiable layer.

Class dismissed. :o))

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:41:01 EST, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 2/24/00 2:36:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
microdoc@apk.net
>  writes:
>
>  << I think it is our duty to foster this debate, and propose that we
change
>  the MG
>   slogan from "Safety Fast" to "Safety Fast... and never stop arguing
about
>  brake
>   fluid." ;^)    >>
>
>  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>  I'm stopping this discussion.  You win.
>
>  As I said before, Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.  Mine go
with
>  Castrol LMA.
>
>  Allen Hefner
>  SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward