Re: newbie

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: newbie
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:22:33 -0500 (EST)
Speaking of DPO's I'm quite mad at mine. I started working on the
headlights today. The highbeams didnt work so I thought "just a short or
lose wire", I was horridly wrong. I don't know if the previous owner just
didn't care or was trying to be ugly about everything. On my 70 BGT the
wires for the front lights come down one side and then theres a bundle
that goes over to the other side to connect the lights. Well, the bundle
that goes to the left side (under the grille) had about 4 wires that
appeared on the right side but not on the left. The DPO didn't want there
to be any highbeams so they simply ripped all wires out for that including
cutting and resoldering the wires at the stalk. They also cut and direct
connected the panel switch (not a big deal). I also found on that if i
turned on the right blinker, the left blinker and left fender light would
blink but if i turned on the right blinker, nothing blinked. I started
from scratch, took out the bundle under the grille, unhooked all the wires
in the front of the car and labeled every single wire (lft hdlt -, rght
hdlt low, rght trn -, etc) with tape and a sharpee. Now to figure out the
mess at the stalk, ugh...

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || The only thing worse than infinite recursion is infinite
geoffeg@sloth.org || recursion.