Re: cat and carb replacement

To: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: cat and carb replacement
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:19:28 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Michael Jose wrote:

> In search of passing emissions, I now find that the cat is useless and
> the carb so messed up action must be taken
> Is replacing the catalytic converter a simple job, or must i hoist the
> engine etc.?

Pretty easy if you weld, if not, then it shouldn't cost much.  Are you sure you
cannot tune your carbs and get by without it?

> I want to replace the carb, what should i go with?  another ZS?  the
> replacement SU for single carb, a weber, or dual SUs?  What is easiest
> and most likely to be able to pass emisssions?

No real experience here, other that from reading the weber looks easier, but
mine still isn't running great.  Prior to rebuilding my SUs they were pretty
easy to tune, but I havn't had the time to do it since I finished my rebuild a
few days ago.

Andrew
70 B
70 BGT