Re: news of the strange-No LBC content

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: news of the strange-No LBC content
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 07:38:10 -0500
I suspect that this is an instance of the Heisenberg uncertainty
principle at work.  Heisenberg said (in essence) that the act of trying
to measure something changes the thing being measured.  He was talking
about advanced physics, but I think the principle applies.

The poor old sods who were trying to follow the instructions were
probably unaccustomed to trying NOT to look, and the fact that they were
instructed NOT to look merely increased theit interest in looking!

They didn't reduce the stress of the lookers as much as they greatly
increased the stress of the NON-lookers, skewing the results.