Re: MG's bad in rain

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG's bad in rain
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@mstar2.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:05:55 -0600
Reminds me of the time my best friend Jim and I went to the Mobile British
Car Show.  We got caught in a deluge of biblical proportions on the trip
home.  At one point, with water running down our legs and into our shoes, we
debated whether we should put the top back down.  Miserable is not strong
enough to describe our mood.  I finally fixed the problem and I have no
problem in the rain.

As far as record engine disassembly, I got quite adept at head removal
during my spell of burnt valve seats.  I could have the head on the
workbench in under 30 minutes.  I didn't even need to refer to the workshop
manual.  I'll hoist a pint that you don't have the problem I did.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB

"Damnit, Thomas!  Now we have to go to dinner looking like I nutted all over
my leg!"
                                             - The unforgettable Jim
Fairchild