Re: Warped trunk lid

Subject: Re: Warped trunk lid
From: "Steve Murphy" <k8vo@flyingbeers.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:39:57 -0500
Is it warped due to someone trying to close it with the prop rod locked in
place? If so, it'd bent in the middle along the LH side.  I was able to
straighten mine by placing the spare tire horizontally along the LH bottom
of the lid so that the tire lay horizontal across the bottom of the opening.
Then I closed the lid onto the tire and carefully and slowly applied
pressure (pushing downward) to the high point of the lid until the lid was
back into shape.  It was bent a good 1" before, now it sits nearly perfectly
in position.  I think I was fortunate in that the internal bracing of my lid
wasn't kinked... I've seen a few others where this was the case, and I don't
think this technique would work in that instance.

Good luck!
Steve Murphy
77 MGB