Interior light wiring

Subject: Interior light wiring
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:41:50 -0600
(this is on a '75 MGB)

I had a problem the other day, that I realized I had because the horn
wouldn't work... It turns out that the fuse was blowing everytime I opened
the door (that's hard to diagnose when you aren't expecting opening the door
to blow the fuse).  I removed the interior light and the fuse has stopped
blowing. My problem is that I can't diagnose the problem.

I can't tell what the white and purple wire is hooked to, it's not ground
and it doesn't ground when the switch is out. (that would indicate that it's
the ground that goes to the door plunger.

both the black and purple wire have 12 volts all of the time.

Any hints?  Any diagnosis tips?  I'd kind of like to have a direction before
I totally remove the console and start dissassembling the wiring harness.

----
John Steczkowski
Director, Server I/O
Crossroads Systems, Inc.