Re: Interior light wiring

To: "John Steczkowski" <stecz@Crossroads.com>,
Subject: Re: Interior light wiring
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:42:07 -0000
The purple/white connects the door switches to the lamp and should therefore
show 0v with the doors open and 12v with them closed.  The purple wire comes
from the fuse and should show 12v all the time.  The black wire is supposed
to be the ground for the switch on the light and should be at 0v all the
time.  If the purple/white shows 12v all the time then it is probably linked
to the purple in some way which is why the fuse is blowing when the door
opens.  This 'link' could be a short inside the light unit.  Does it still
blow the fuse with the bulb removed?

There is a schematic of the interior lights on my web site, select
'Spanners', 'Electrics', 'Schematics' and 'Lighting' then scroll down to
'Interior Lights and 'lights on' warning:' and click on the thumbnail.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1 )