Re: UPDATE: Engine Noise, Power Loss

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UPDATE: Engine Noise, Power Loss
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:55:02 -0800
Just go out and buy new gaskets.  I experienced the exact same symptoms,
just prior to my complete rebuild.  A new gasket would have solved my
problem, but after pulling the engine (I thought that noise was rod knock or
piston slap) I figured what the hell...  live and learn.

Save yourself some grief and just pull the head.  Your noise will go away
after you replace the head gasket.

Lonn