UPDATE 2: Engine Noise, Power Loss

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: UPDATE 2: Engine Noise, Power Loss
From: "Alex Baroiant" <superman100@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 18:03:40 -0800
I pulled the Cylinder Head off today, and whaddya know.... James, David and
Lonn, you were right!!  The gasket was MISSING a chunk about 3/4" long
between cylinders #1 and #2...It is a copper gasket too, which makes this
really interesting!

Should I have the bottom of the cylinder head resurfaced, or just throw a
new gasket in there?  The head was replaced about 2 years ago, and the car
has done about 25,000 miles since then... I plan on rebuilding the engine
completely this summer, that's why I was wondering if professionally
examining the head is crucial...

By the way, thanks to all those who replied, and pointed me in the right
direction!