Re: Not the MGA deal of the decade!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not the MGA deal of the decade!
From: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:09:13 -0800 (PST)
I may be a bit of a fanatic, but at that price, orginality is everything.
The rocker cover is wrong, the thermostat outlet is plated, the engine color
appears to be too light, aircleaners should be black.  These are not big
items in the scheme of things, but they do indicate a lack of attention to
detail.  Chances are if you saw the car in person, you would discover lots
more things that are incorrect.  It may not have the right engine or head- I
know that this is very common on Mk II's- mine has the wrong head!

Get hold of Clausiger's "Original MGA" book and it will help you to see what
is right and what isn't.  I've had MG's since 1967 and I learned a lot from
this book.

Don Scott