Re: Nice new convertible top - The Windows

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nice new convertible top - The Windows
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 18:12:40 +0000
wizardz@toad.net wrote:

> MG CONTENT
> new pics up ... yep the roll bar is in...
> with good shots of the dash work
> http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/interior.html
>
> and the metal air duct looks great up in the engine compartment.
> ...screw those cardboard and plastic air ducts...
> check out the pics
> http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/engine.html

Just a little comment (and seeing as it is relevant to all of us who
love putting pictures of our cars on our websites, I will mail this to
the list).

When you do have an image heavy website  (or even a very 'wordy'
website) it would be kinder to your 'visitors if maybe you broke some of
the hu-u-u-ge pages down into bite-size pieces.  It doesn't have to be a
screenful at a time, but not much more.

This means it doesn't take forever for the masses of images to download
for each page and, if indexed, we can go to specific pages to see
specific images and info if we want to.

I think a good rule of thumb might be (if the image nust be 'heavy') the
bigger/slower the images, the less images on the page.  Which means a
pagefull of many thumbnails could link to pages of just one or two
images.

Just my $AU0.02 (which won't buy much on the US e-Bay lately :-)

Eric
'687MGB MkII