RE: Where did my oil pressure go?

To: "Gary Davis" <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: RE: Where did my oil pressure go?
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:43:38 -0600
Did you change the oil and filter after the car sat?  It could be some
sludge clogging the filter.  I'd give  that a try first.  If that doesn't
work your oil pickup screen may be partially blocked.  I was once told you
could clean up an engine internally by adding a quart of kerosene (paraffin
in the UK) to your oil, run the engine for a half hour or so, then change
your oil and filter.  The kerosene will break up a lot of the sludge and
varnishes.  I've never tried this, but I was told it worked great by an old
mechanic.

Good Luck,

Ken