Re: Non-Functioning Temperature Gauge

To: dibiase@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-Functioning Temperature Gauge
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:42:14 EST
Dan,

I think I know what your problem is.  In my '77 'B, there bundle you talk
about has two wires comming out of it-they are both green.  There is only
supposed to be one wire connected to the temp sending unit. One goes to the
temp sending unit on the front of head, and the other crosses over the valve
cover and plugs into the induction heater that fits between the Z-S Carb and
the intake manifold.  I believe this induction heater is supposed to get warm
when you turn the key on before cranking the engine-or perhaps during the
process of cranking the engine.  When I switched to dual HIF-4's I tucked it
back into the loom b/c I knew I would need it when I have to put the ZS back
on to smog it.
I am not sure how to determine which wire is which, but you could perhaps
disconnect one at a time to see if the other is correct.

Good luck!
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB