Re: rebuilding brake M/C

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rebuilding brake M/C
From: Bart Niswonger <bart@cs.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:45:04 -0800
I forgot the disclaimer -- I know that most folks recommend
replacement over rebuilding, and I respect that view.  However I still
want to give the rebuild option a shot.  I read recently in the
Roadster Factory's catalog something along the lines of "We recommend
that people use new (or rebuilt?) master cylinders, but we understand
that you may need to discover that for yourself."  Well, call me an
idiot, but I like to think of myself in the "discovery phase" :)

With luck, I will not end up in the dead discovery phase.

Feel free to express your opinions (i.e. flame away)!! [but could
someone answer my question?]

thanks much for putting up with my ignorance/immaturity/idiocy/whatever

cheers

bart
74.5 RBB -- with new rear wheel cylinders since the old ones were
            frozen, i.e. deemed un-rebuild-able even by me :)