@#%$&*! RADIATOR HOSES

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: @#%$&*! RADIATOR HOSES
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:39:17 EST
My second set of new radiator hoses (the two big ribbed ones) just failed on
my '71 B. Each set only lasted about 5 months. They looked good out of the
box, but showed fine cracks after just a few weeks in use. Both sets were
purchased from VB and have "Made in England" molded into the rubber. Could
these be brand new 30 year old stock? NOS may be good for a piston or fender,
but not for a rubber part. Does anyone know a source of good hoses, perhaps
an american substitute?

(BTW: Don't you just hate it when an expensive mechanical part is totally
reliant on  a two-bit rubber part. Humm, I better check those steering rack
boots!)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336