Re: Brake MC

To: CatManDu@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: Brake MC
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:00:04 EST
In a message dated 03/13/2000 8:37:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bugide@tfs.net writes:

<< The last one I bought came from O'Reilly Auto Parts, a regional company
based
 in Springfield, MO.  As I recall it was about $55 and came w/ a lifetime
 warranty, whatever that might be.

 I've never tried "unpitting" a master cyliner.  In my opinion (and it is
worth
 exactly what you are paying for it!) I wouldn't fool with trying that sort of
 rebuild.  M?C's for MGB's have always been so cheap that I wouldn't risk life
 and car to save that few bucks.   Remember, that is my opinion. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have to agree with Larry.  If you want the best quality MC, get a resleeved
one from White Post Restorations (www.whitepost.com).  They are a bit more
expensive, but have a lifetime warranty and I belive they are considered the
best.

Many auto parts stores can order rebuilt MCs for your B.  Most of the less
expensive ones are overbored (overboard?) so they can probably not be rebuilt
in the futur with much success.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward