engine conversion questions '77 mgb

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine conversion questions '77 mgb
From: "Ted Stowe" <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:19:55 -0800
hi. a general question. I have a '77mgb, and I think about putting something
more powerful in there.

I know how much work this is after putting a chevy 350/700r4 and 2:88 posi
rear in my xj6.

it appears that even the rubber bumper bodes require some body mods, though
less than the earlier chrome bumpers.

I understand that putting the 215 v8 in there brings the car up to a
somewhat 'classical' level, but I want to minimize the work involved. I know
that from past expericnce the detail work never ends and it always costs at
least twice as much as one thought it would at the start.

has anyone had any experience with a ford v6 turbo ? as in the thunderbird ?
they seem pretty common around here, they are smaller, and being cast iron
probably weigh as much as the 215 buick engine. however there would be more
room to play with.

I did see an ad somewhere where a guy had a whole kit of parts to do this.
does anyone know of this and where it is ?

thanks, Ted Stowe