Re: How to sell and ship an engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to sell and ship an engine
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:31:52 EST
In a message dated 3/14/00 12:06:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
barrier@bconnex.net writes:

<< At 08:10 PM 3/13/00 -0600, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:
 >Hi David,
 >
 >  There's something I'd lke to ask you.  Do you consider "less than
 >$500" a small price to pay for shipping an engine ~1800 miles?
 >
 >  FYI: $500 is a considerable sum to me.
 >
 >  CR >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One of the airlines is currently offering a "Fly Anywhere" price of $99.00, I
think.  Why not just put the engine in a wheelchair, wrap it in a blanket,
and put a hat on top.  Then buy a ticket, and at the gate, roll the
wheelchair up to the flight attendent.  For good effect, lift the hat a
little and give the engine a kiss goodbye.

Make sure to tell the attendent that Granny sleeps very soundly, and she may
be like a dead weight to lift into a seat.  Maybe they'll leave her...er,
it...in the wheelchair.

Then just have the recipient meet the plane at the airport.

Well, it's worth a try!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget