Irony in: MG is reborn

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Irony in: MG is reborn
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:22:43 EST

IS THIS NOT IRONIC???   In the 1970's, British Leyland (with all those
Standard Triumph folks) IGNORED MG.  Invested no money in new products.
Isn't it ironic that the remenents of BL is now called the MG Car Company!
Leyland is gone, (as of a few months ago production of Leyland Trucks ended),
Triumph, Austin, Morris... ALL GONE.  And the little car company in the small
town of Abingdon (Not from coventry with Jag and Triumph and Daimler, and not
from Longbridge like Austin...  now sorta WON!   YEAH THATS THE SPIN!!!   MG
WINS!!!!

Alchemy has a history of buying companies and turning them around, not
putting them out of business.   The name we would be most familiar with would
be Parker Pen, which Alchemy sold to Gillette after saving them from
bankruptcy.  Alchemy apparently got MG for a song... even possibly were paid
to take it.
  So this MG is a basketcase restoration!  Any old MG can be restored, but
this time its the company and not just a particular car!  But as we know,
some people are better at restoring.  Interesting that a company with no
history in cars is getting into cars... perhaps some new outside ideas are
needed in the industry.

   I see this as another fantastic chapter in the history of MG.

John