Old Speckled Hen-Carlisle-MG's rebirth

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old Speckled Hen-Carlisle-MG's rebirth
From: Marshall Dixon <mldixon@planetcable.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:06:56 -0500
Nothing has been said about the British Motor Heritage trust which, if I
recall is a wholely own part of Rover.
If Ford gets it Land Rover it could expand it to include Jag but would it
have any interest in perceiving and promoting the history of marks it
doesn't own. I'd say get your Heritage Certificates sooner rather than
later. If possible visit Gaydon before it's gone. I doesn't sound as if
Alchemy/MG has the resources for the car company for long, much less the
trust-Which I assume doesn't break even.

 Since the topic of Old Speckled Hen came up and Carlisle is around the
corner I thought I'd say. I live near Carlisle and stop for a drink from
time to time at the Market Cross Pub, about half the time they have  Old
Speckled Hen on tap. As a matter of fact that's my destination tonight, hope
they have a some Hen left, for tomorrow it must be Guinness.

A toast to the fortune of the MG Car Co.

Happy St.Pat's Day
--
Marshall Dixon
1960 Healey 3000 BT-7 (not yet on the road again)