Re: First time user looking for advise

To: "Judy Brennan" <judy_brennan@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First time user looking for advise
From: "Chuck Young" <kb7cg@anv.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 07:35:47 -0800
Welcome to the group Judy, you'll enjoy the quality of some of the messages
posted here but don't let the quantity overwhelm you. Keep one finger on the
"DELETE" key and one on the "DOWN ARROW".

You didn't say your city or state but the first thing I would suggest is:
If you don't already belong to a local club, find one and join. There is a
tremendous amount of knowledge available at the club level. If you can't get
an answer there just post the question here, I can assure you, it will be
answered here...probably more than once!

The next thing I would do is try to get a copy of the factory shop manual.
Check with MOSS MOTORS 1.800.689.9313, LONG MOTOR CORP.aka VICTORIA BRITISH
1.800.255.0088 or MOTORHEAD at 1.800.527.3140

In all three cases, get them to send you their catalogs. You'll be way ahead
of the game.

Last and least...check with your local AUTOZONE, PEP BOYS and the like and
get a HAYNES manual, usually around $15.00 In some areas HAYNES is OK while
in other areas it worthless. I spent several hours trying to get the timing
set on my MIDGET only to find that the information in the HAYNES manual was
completely wrong...( you may have guessed, I don't much care for them!)

Anyway, however you do it, get your "B" fixed up. It's easier than you
think...and FUN too.

Chuck Young
Las Vegas, NV
1979 MIDGET