Re: correct procedure to tighten the set screw on the back of the rocker

To: "Ted S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Subject: Re: correct procedure to tighten the set screw on the back of the rocker shaft
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:42:57 -0800
Ted,

Thanks for the clarification.

That set-screw is there to lock into an indentation in the top of the rocker
shaft to prevent the shaft from rotating.
If the shaft were to rotate, it would change the alignment of the oil feed
hole with the drilling in the rear pedestal, which feeds oil to the rocker
assembly. When tightening this set screw, all that is necessary is to get it
tight enough that you can feel it has engaged with the indentation in the
shaft, and then to have the rectangular head align with the oblong hole in
the keeper washer that sits over it to stop it backing out.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center