Re: 75 MGB Question

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 75 MGB Question
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:40:04 -0500
...come on guys and gals... the easiest way to tell if you have
an O/D tranny....  a standard tranny has a bell housing, a box shaped
middle section.. and then a tapered tailcone heading out ot the drive shaft.
An O/D tranny... same bell housing and center box section but then it
has a short fat squaty round bodied looking tail cone that's almost as
fat as the gearbox section.

the prime variation being the tapered tail cone is replaced with this short fat
roundy stubby section called the O/D.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html