Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BMW commits? and is a new MG what we need?
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:38:57 EST
I don't know about importing if the car is listed as an antique, but if you
import even a used car to put on the road it must meet safety standards that
were in force for that model year.
I know this because a friend importes a used Mercedes which he bought during
a visit to Germany.  The car was a few years old but he had to have side
impact door beams installed and modifications to the bumpers.  It seems that
cars built for domestic sales did not have these installed.  Product built
for U.S. sales had them from the factory.

George