Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now,

To: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now,
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:25:04 -0500
I think that has been verified by the acknowledgement of GM, Ford, Chrysler
and a host of foreign manufactures that they need to install protection on
their SUV and other large vehicles for crash protection for the average
car. A driver of an average car is three times more likely to be killed in
a collision with an SUV type vehicle then if the other vehicle is an
average car.

At one point all cars had to have their bumpers and lights within specific
ranges for the protection of all.  SUV's and Trucks certainly have voided
that idea to the peril of the rest of us.

I am sick and tired of driving average vehicles and being blinded by the
lights of some SUV or pick up that are at my eye height and are bearing
down on me.

Maybe someday the regulators will act up and require some modifications to
these gas guzzling behemoths and we can again have a sane set of vehicles
on the roads.

Bob Reisse, PH.D and proud of the acheivement.