Re: Eng hoist

To: FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM
Subject: Re: Eng hoist
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:14:57 -0600

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:08:44 -0800 (PST) Larry Pitts
<FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM> writes:
> Dear listers:
>
> Its time to add to my tool box with the addtion of an
> engine hoist. My budget is streched thin with the
> purchase of a 1960 MGA 1600 and two 76 B Roadsters
> recently. OK, so the 76's were close to give aways (
> one parts, one almost parts )I'm still trying to
> conserve $$$ to get something running. As the two
> options for hoists seem to be a one ton(ne) or two
> ton(ne) lift, any reason why a one ton(ne) hoist
> wouldn't work for most applications? I'd like to think
> I'm an LBC kinda guy but looking to the future, even
> messing with american iron, would there be a need for
> a 2 ton hoist?

In a word, no.  At least not unless you are contemplating lifting whole
Camaros.  A one ton will theoretically lift an MG.  But if you insist on
having one I'll sell you mine so I can buy a smaller, folding one.  I use
the devil out of mine, but never to its capacity and it takes up a lot of
garage space.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII