Re: Eng hoist

To: FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM (Larry Pitts)
Subject: Re: Eng hoist
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:51:50 -0500 (EST)
--WebTV-Mail-27689-878

Larry

A couple of things to consider as you search for the perfect hoist for
you.  First the stated rating is usually at the unextended position.
When you extend the arm the rating falls.  This may or may not be
important to you, but it is something of which you should be aware.
Always check the rating at the arm position you plan to use.

Second, for me the casters were an issue.  I actually bought my hoist
and casters separately.  The rating and quality on the casters which
came with the hoists I saw was, to me at least, insufficient.  Surface
is also an issue with casters.  You need to buy the correct casters for
the surface on which you plan to operate.

Finally, check out or at least be aware of the quality of the hydraulic
unit.  They are not all created equal.

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case
'60 Daimler SP 250