Re: SUV etc. (No or very little MG/LBC content)

To: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>, Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>,
Subject: Re: SUV etc. (No or very little MG/LBC content)
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:27:57 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

I agree completely! It's damn scary out there many times. I live just
outside Washington,D.C. and you wouldn't believe the road rage around here.
People shooting people for no good reason, someone ramming the back of
someone elses vehicle for 12 miles, I got to witness an idiot in an SUV
trying to get even with a semi for something the SUV did...It's a blatent
disregard for others safety and lives. Just last weekend, we had 5 people
die in an accident where an SUV made a lane change (one of those not enough
room to fit but if I jerk the wheel, the guy I'm trying to cut in front of
will slow down and let me in)...well the SUV clipped the back of a trash
truck (The ones that haul the big open containers) sending the trash truck
across 3 lanes of traffic and through a steal guard rail, separating the HOV
lanes from the regular lanes, the truck became air bourne and came down on
two cars Killing all but 2 14 year old boys that were in the back seat of
one of the cars. The police said that the drivers didn't even have the
chance to touch the brakes!!
Get this!!...the maximum penalty the SUV driver faces is a $200 fine. I hope
the surviving families Sue the SHIT out of him! (unfortunately, it'll
probably be the insurance company that pays...then all of our rates will go
up)

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:50:26 -0700, Michael Jose wrote:

>  Dan,
>  I know that LEGALLY it is a privelege, but PRACTICALLY speaking it's just
too
>  durn easy to get and keep a license, particularly around here.  I would
never
>  say that legally it isn't a privelege, I simply ask a reinforcement of
that law.

>  I'm on your side!!
>  Mike Jose
>
>  Dan Dwelley wrote:
>
>  > Uh Mike...
>  > Driving IS a privelege. It may seem like a right based on how easily a
>  > license is obtained...but I want to see anyone tell a cop or Judge that
they
>  > cannot take their licese away because it's a right not a privelege.
Reality
>  > check CONFIRMED!
>  >
>  > Dan