Alternator Conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Conversion
From: Transmancat@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:15:42 EST
Hi Guys
For my own car I have developed an uprated Alternator conversion that uses a
generic US made unit. These can put out anything between 65 and 100 amps.
When I looked at the marketing possibilities and the cost analysis showed
that the unit would retail at just less than $100 for the smaller unit. But,
what I thought was, would it not be better to supply a kit of mounts, nuts,
bolts and the small amount of wiring you require and let the buyer source the
alternator locally? This would half the initial cost, reduce shipping
expenditure, and the buyer of the kit could use a second hand unit if he or
she wanted to.
So over to you guys out there in Cyber MG land.... What do you think?

Then again maybe I am just another MG nut that rambles his way through the
list on occasions, but at least it is a subject/thread change!

This is a chance to influence what products are in YOUR marketplace.

Thanks for the help

Regards,
John J, Black
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com