Re: Finally an MG question [body-colored bumpers]

To: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Finally an MG question [body-colored bumpers]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:40:53 -0800
Well, yes, your Manta was an 80s car painted with 80s paints (after all,
one would expect that the original builder would know what would work).
My concern was with a 70s bumper (never intended to be painted) painted
with 90s paint (or 00s paint, I should say). For example, most of the
paint formulations used in the 70s are now banned in California and many
other states, and are no longer available. There is no reason to assume
that current paint manufacturers are considering the composition of 70s
plastics in their latest formulations. This is not to say that they
*won't* work, merely that it would be prudent to ascertain the facts
before investing in a spray job.

David Hill had this to say:

--

Max Heim