Re: Carlisle Date Doesn't Work

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle Date Doesn't Work
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:06:28 -0500
Dave:
That was me that notified the list of the Carlisle date change for next
year. I have their brochure in front of me with their rationale. It states,
"Due to the growth of the Custom Compact portion of the show and in order to
retain prime showfield spaces for import and kit/replicars, it has become
necessary to separate the events. In 2001 the Carlisle Import-Kit Replicar
Nationals will move to September 7-9, 2001, and will no longer conflict with
Mother's day. The Custom Compact event will take place May 18-29, 2001. This
will be the last year that import-kit will share the fairgrounds with the
custom compact car enthusiasts."  They already solved the Mother's Day
conflict by scheduling the event a week later so I really don't but that
part of their rationale. I agree with Dave that perhaps we should mount a
phone, email, snail mail, etc., campaign to restore the old dates!
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
http://www.bmcne.com