Oil in Cylinder #3

To: "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil in Cylinder #3
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:48:41 -0700
For years, my idle has refused to remain steady.  It may sit at 1000 fir a
short while, then drop off.  Always blamed this on the Weber.
Rebuilt the engine last spring.  The only head work was valve grinding - I
was told the guides looked alright.  I assume new seals were installed, but
can't be sure since this was close to when another engine was being worked
on!
Put another Weber (a 33) on yesterday, and the problem persisted.  Found oil
on one side of (new) plug #3.  We're thinking along the lines of a bad
guide/seal; on intake #3, but are most certainly open to other
opinions....PLEASE!

TIA<

Bill