RE: help.....

To: "'Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT'" <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>
Subject: RE: help.....
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:56:31 -0800
Andy:

        The early transmission does not have a stay rod.  There should be L
shaped plates mounted above your engine mounts that limit travel.  Sometimes
these are ommitted, as some repro mounts don't have long enough studs.  Look
for an L shaped plate that has two holes drilled in it that match up with
the engine mount block studs.

        Alternatively source a late MGB rear x member and stay rod.

        Alternatively bolt a couple of cables from your present crossmember
to a fabricated plate that can mount to the two lowest engine-trans mounting
bolts.  BL did this as a fix for some AC equipped vehicle applications.

        I'm probably going to do the latter on my Magnette.

Kelvin.