Re: MGB exhaust flange gasket

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB exhaust flange gasket
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:00:17 -0800
I saved a response from John Twist to this question a year or two
ago:

"The good gaskets are supplied with the silver,
metal side and an asbestos side.  The SILVER
side is fitted DOWN so that the more flexible
ASBESTOS is fitted UP against the manifold. I
usually coat the metal band of the gasket, as
well as the corresponding section of the exhaust
pipe with nickle anti-seize so that it is easily
removed next time..."