Re: MGB exhaust flange gasket

To: ahhclem@kcnet.com
Subject: Re: MGB exhaust flange gasket
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:47:06 -0500
  I put mine on backwards too. I'm assuming that is why there is a need
to replace them. But, if yours are still sealing, leave them alone. They
may never give you trouble.  The pipes didn't seem to fit quite right
when I assembled, and I had this nagging little doubt that perhaps they
had been banged on end in shipping, and that maybe the two pipes were
1/16 inch too close together. Manifold was on the car, so I couldn't tell
for certain.
  Now that I am about to do it over (If you can't do it right, do it
over) I have borrowed a manifold. I'll take off the pipes and check their
fit against the manifold before slipping the gaskets into place and
bolting up.
Bob