Re: Bodily Dimensions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bodily Dimensions
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:37:36 +0000
Dodd, Kelvin wrote:

> If it is a vintage race car, you can run a hardtop and build the car
> to FIA specs.  I run a factory top and an off the shelf bar with
> welded in reinforcements.  The top also keeps the sun off you when
> you are sitting at grid.

Thanks Kelvin,

Yep, believe it or not, in the class that I am currently doing most of
my "sprinting" I can run with a hard top and NO rollbar AND I can run
without a top and still NO rollbar (see pictures on my website:-) - I
don't want to get a hard-top at this stage.

BUT... if I DO use a rollbar then it MUST conform to CAMS (Aussie FIA)
regulations, as I previously mentioned.  This is upsetting a lot of
people at the moment who have been warned that their 'off the shelf'
rollbars may soon not be allowed on the track, which means that they may
have to run with no rollbar at all if they are forced to remove it (if
it is possible) before racing.

Seeing as I am a tad 'interesting' when I drive, I have seen the wisdom
in installing the rollbar, hence... as we began, I am having one built
to specifications.

Yep, the rules and rulemakers can be perceived as being a little harsh
at times but seeing as I am a  CAMS Steward, what can I say :-)  ??

I am also planning on doing some other evnts at which a rollbar is NOT
OPTIONAL.

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS For some silly reason I wear ALL BLACK, so I *am* aware of Kelvin's
mention of sitting in the sun on the grid (or even worse, the paddock
before heading to the grid).  But I think cooking my brains in a black
helmet can only help!