Re: Bodily Dimensions

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bodily Dimensions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:41:21 -0800
Hmmm, can't really think where you could find trustworthy interior
dimensions outside of a full set of dimension drawings... even then, it
kind of depends which dimensions you want, doesn't it? For example, if
you needed a dimension for the seatback-to-rear-cowl clearance, you'd
need to know which year seat, in what position on the track, the track
position on the bolts (3 possibilities), the backrest angle (almost
infinite possibilities), and who knows what else. I really think you need
to take your own dimensions off your car to have any degree of
confidence. As you imply, these would just be rough dimensions for
ordering tubing and such, so I am sure you can get close enough with a
tape measure.

Alternately, you could ask someone with a store-bought rollbar for its
length, width and height dimensions, which should serve to provide a
rough guide.

My 2¢...

Max

Eric had this to say: