RE: Aluminum Bonnet

To: "'David Councill'" <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum Bonnet
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:47:35 -0800
Youse guyz, making me look this up.  His nibs Clausager says "aluminium
until 1969".  At the back of the book he admits that some early 1970 cars
may have had alloy still.

I don't have the build date on the 70 I had in Colorado, but it was an
original split bumper car.  I'm pretty sure the bonnet was original, at
least as sure as anyone could be.  It was alloy, so it kind of supports the
tentative comment that "some 1970 models may still have had aluminium
bonnets"

D*mn, if I'd have known the car was a rare conflict solver I'd never have
let the old lady have it in the settlement.  Live and learn.

Kelvin.