Re: Brakes?

To: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Subject: Re: Brakes?
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:59:59 -0400 (EDT)
--WebTV-Mail-4804-4226

Well it is a long shot but. . . .

I had a similar problem when I first bought my MGB.  Had to ride around
with a wrench for a while to relieve hydraulic pressure (by loosening
brake line connection) when problem happened.  Not fun.

I rebuilt the whole system, but the only thing I found wrong was the
orientation of some tiny parts (do not know what they are called) at the
outlet fittings of the master cylinder.   Some had been installed
backward by the PO, some were missing.  Had a heck of a time buying
these things.  So tiny they seemed to be flying under the radar at the
parts houses I called.  Had to buy used.  However,  since doing the work
(1995) all has been OK.

Like I said, a long shot.

Good luck.

Bruce Burrows