Re: Stripping doors of 71GT

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stripping doors of 71GT
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 15:05:03 +0100
>From memory 10 years ago.  If you remove the glass travel end-stops and
slacken (if not fully remove) the bolts of the regulator you can manipulate
the regulator such that the strip on the bottom of the glass can be removed
from the regulator channel, first one end then the other.  Then remove the
glass (may have to remove the outer rubber weather strip first) then the
regulator can be manipulated out of the door aperture, folding it in half
comes into it somewhere as I recall.  Then you can get at the 1/4-light
assembly.  Locks and handles are a doddle once the glass is out.

PaulH.