IT'S ALIVE, and smooooth!

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT'S ALIVE, and smooooth!
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:47:07 -0500
Last week I announced that my 71 TR6 was finally on the road, although very
shaky.  What a great feeling to be driving a TR6 again, the first time since
the late 70's.  Last week I took the car in and got the front end aligned
and tires balanced.  That helped some, but the real cure was replacing the
u-joints in the drive shaft.  The front u-joint was in pretty bad condition.
I went ahead and did both while I had the shaft out.  What a difference,
it's GREAT!

I'm hoping to drive it to Pensacola this weekend, about a 200 mile round
trip (daring, I know).  The Panhandle British Car Club is having their
annual show this Saturday.  My son is taking the day off work and he's going
to follow us in the 74 Midget.  We plan to follow the beach as much a
possible across the Florida Panhandle.  If the weather's good it should be a
great drive.

My latest concern is the clutch doesn't seem to be disengaging fully.  When
I first started driving it last week, everything was ok.  I've put about 250
miles on it now and the disengagement seems to be getting worse.  I haven't
looked into it yet, hopefully tonight.  I have good clutch pressure at the
pedal.  I can hold the clutch pedal down with no apparent release of the
clutch.  It's just getting harder to get into gear.  Clutch worn maybe?  Any
advise would be appreciated and maybe cut down my troubleshooting time
tonight.  I bought the car last October and haven't done much to the
mechanical systems.  I was told the brake and clutch hydraulics had been
rebuilt.  I can see the brakes have been totally redone, new lines included.
The clutch hydraulics don't appear new.

Life is good.

Ken Waringa with a yard full of LBCs
71 TR6 (On the road again)