Timing cover and front seal replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing cover and front seal replacement
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:47:24 PDT
I really need to replace the front seal on my '57 MGA's engine. I have a
timing cover and seal from an early MGB ready to use as replacements.

I have never done this, and it doeas not seem to be documented in either
manuals (Haynes or factory). What tricks/difficulties are there to this
procedure?

I am thinking about renting a compressor, etc to remove the nut holding the
pulley on -- what size socket will I need?

Simon